2 Tbsp BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil
1 small red onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lb ground sirloin
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1-2 jalapeños (seeded and minced)
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp BBF* Organic Agave
3 Cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can (15 oz) white beans (rinsed and drained)
2 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp coriander
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 Cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1. In a 5-quart pot cook onions in BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook for 4 more minutes. Crumble in ground sirloin and cook until slightly browned. Drain excess grease.
3. Stir in peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in the beans, spices, chocolate and BBF* Organic Agave.
5. Stirring occasionally, cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. If chili gets too thick add extra vegetable broth.
6. Serve warm with fresh cilantro, grated cheese and cornbread.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Makes 10 servings
Tips and Notes:
For a lower fat version, replace ground sirloin with veggie grounds (a soy product). I have made this many times and not even the diehard carnivores can tell the difference!
BBF* = BetterBody Foods