2 Tbsp BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil
1 small red onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lb ground sirloin
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1-2 jalapeños (seeded and minced)
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp BBF* Organic Agave
3 Cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can (15 oz) white beans (rinsed and drained)
2 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp coriander
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 Cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1. In a 5-quart pot cook onions in BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook for 4 more minutes. Crumble in ground sirloin and cook until slightly browned. Drain excess grease.
3. Stir in peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in the beans, spices, chocolate and BBF* Organic Agave.
5. Stirring occasionally, cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. If chili gets too thick add extra vegetable broth.
6. Serve warm with fresh cilantro, grated cheese and cornbread.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Makes 10 servings
Tips and Notes:
For a lower fat version, replace ground sirloin with veggie grounds (a soy product). I have made this many times and not even the diehard carnivores can tell the difference!
BBF* = BetterBody Foods
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.