2 Tbsp BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil
1 small red onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lb ground sirloin
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1-2 jalapeños (seeded and minced)
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp BBF* Organic Agave
3 Cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can (15 oz) white beans (rinsed and drained)
2 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp coriander
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 Cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1. In a 5-quart pot cook onions in BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook for 4 more minutes. Crumble in ground sirloin and cook until slightly browned. Drain excess grease.
3. Stir in peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in the beans, spices, chocolate and BBF* Organic Agave.
5. Stirring occasionally, cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. If chili gets too thick add extra vegetable broth.
6. Serve warm with fresh cilantro, grated cheese and cornbread.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Makes 10 servings
Tips and Notes:
For a lower fat version, replace ground sirloin with veggie grounds (a soy product). I have made this many times and not even the diehard carnivores can tell the difference!
BBF* = BetterBody Foods
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.