1 cup whole oats
1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup plant junkie canola spread
4 cups apples peeled and diced into medium chunks
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine whole oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine. Scoop plant junkie spread into bowl and stir until a coarse crumbly mixture and spread is combined.
3. In a medium bowl combine, apples, coconut palm sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir till apples are coated. In a medium sized baking dish spread apple mixture in the bottom and then layer the crumble mixture on top.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbles appear in the middle of the baking dish.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly and serve.