1 Tbsp oil or butter
1 celery stalk, diced
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 clove garlic minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 oz ground sausage
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup vegetable, chicken stock or water
6-8 apples such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious and Red Delicious
Heat the oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and the celery and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the sausage to the skillet and cook thoroughly making sure to break it up into crumbles. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, fold together sauteed vegetables, quinoa and sausage mixture. Set the mix aside.
1. Prepare the apples: Slice the very top of the apples off.
2. Use a spoon or a melon baller to carefully scoop out the entire core of the apple.
Repeat this for every apple.
3. Spoon stuffing into the apples and place in a high sided baking dish.
4. Once all the apples are stuffed and in the dish, carefully pour an additional 1/2 cup of broth into the bottom of the dish.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the apples are softened but not falling apart. If you don't want the stuffing to brown, cover the dish while baking.
6. Let cool. Enjoy!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.