1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Super seed blend
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3 large ripe bananas (about 1 and 1/2 cups mashed)*
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted (or melted coconut oil)
2/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (or coconut sugar)*
1 arge egg, at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp oat milk
optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
2. Whisk the flour,super seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer, mash the bananas. On medium speed, beat or whisk in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then beat or whisk until combined. If adding nuts or chocolate chips, fold them in now. Batter will be thick.
5. Spoon the batter into liners, filling them all the way to the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The total time these muffins take in the oven is about 21-23 minutes, give or take. (For mini muffins, bake 12-14 total minutes at 350°F.
6. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
7. Muffins stay fresh covered at room temperature for a few days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.