4 cups BBF Oat Flour Blend
2 cups melted butter
¾ ounce yeast ( about 1 Tablespoon)
2/3 cup warm water
4 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup belgium sugar pearls ( if you can't find ½ cup sugar in the raw works too)
1. Take the lukewarm water (100 degrees) and mix the sugar and salt till dissolved. Mix in the yeast and let the yeast develop for 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime melt the butter.
3. Now put the oat flour blend into a large mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, pour the melted butter into the oat flour and mix till the butter is absorbed by the oat flour.
4. Pour in the eggs and mix until the eggs are all combined into the dough.
5. Pour in the yeast water mixture and mix until fully combined. You will have a wet sticky dough.
6. Cover and let rise till the dough doubles in size. Punch down dough and put into the fridge covered to ferment overnight.
7. Remove dough from the fridge on the second day and fold in the sugar pearls and portion dough into 16 small balls. If you can not find sugar pearls you can fold in sugar in the raw to get a similar sugar crunch.
8. Let dough balls warm to room temperature so they are a little sticky.
9. Spread a little and bake in the waffle maker about 4-5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
10. Remove from the waffle maker and drizzle with syrup or garnish with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.