2 1/2 cups Oat Flour Blend
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups whole milk
Butter Cream Recipe:
1 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp orange zest (optional)
1 preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two 9 or 8 inch round pans; use oat flour mix to lightly flour pans. In a medium bowl stir together the oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium 30 seconds. gradually add sugar, ¼ cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined. Scrape the bowl, beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add oat flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
3. Bake 20-25 minutes for 9-inch pans, 30 to 35 minutes for 8-inch pans, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pan; cool on wire racks. Frost cake with buttercream frosting; decorate with sprinkles.
1. In an extra large bowl beat 1 cup softened butter with a mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
2. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. Add 2 Tablespoons heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla and dash of salt. Beat on low speed until combined. gradually beat in 3 cups additional powdered sugar just until combined.
3. Beat on medium speed 5 minutes or until fluffy, scraping bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon heavy cream and 1 tsp orange zest if desired. Beat on high 1 minute more.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.