—— Cake Ingredients ——
3 Cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Cup BBF* Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil
1 Cup BBF* Organic Agave
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Cup blueberries
—— Glaze Ingredients ——
1/3 Cup BBF* Organic Agave
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat coconut oil until smooth; add agave and beat until smooth.
4. In another bowl, whip eggs and fold into coconut oil and agave mixture. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Beat flour mixture into egg mixture in three steps, adding buttermilk with each step. Beat complete mixture for two minutes. Fold in blueberries and spoon complete mixture into bundt pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove cake when done, remove from pan and put on cooling rack for 20 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix agave and lemon juice. Add cornstarch for white color and as thickening agent. Add lemon zest. Pour over cake decoratively. Makes 16 servings.
BBF* = BetterBody Foods