Total time: 30M
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 Tbsp for muffin tops
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup Better Body Foods Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil
1 large egg
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk of choice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 to 8 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Prepare the oven and muffin cups.
2. Heat oven to 400 ° F. Line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
3. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Add melted coconut oil to a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg, then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (1/3 to 1/2 cup milk). Add vanilla and whisk to combine.
5. Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients, then use a fork to combine. Refrain from over-mixing. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick). Fold in the blueberries.
6.Divide the batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
7. Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer to a cooling rack.
8. To store, place them in a plastic bag, seal them, and keep them at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. To freeze, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.
9. Enjoy your Blueberry Muffins!