Muffins are the perfect breakfast, or snack, and when it comes to the best ingredients, it doesn’t get much better than blueberries and peanut butter. It's like the beloved "peanut belly and jelly" combo, but in a muffin! Great for both kids and adults, these healthy peanut butter muffins will quickly become a fan-favorite.
Made with PBfit®, a protein-rich peanut butter powder, as well as organic coconut oil, you can enjoy each bite of this blueberry muffin recipe.
Looking for a basic muffin recipe without milk? Then look no further.
Moist and full of peanut buttery goodness, this blueberry muffin recipe not only makes for a delicious on-the-go snack, or breakfast, but they're also good for you! By using blueberries, you’re adding a powerful antioxidant punch. In addition, organic coconut oil makes for an excellent alternative to butter or margarine.
Just some of the benefits of these ingredients include, but are not limited to:
This blueberry muffin recipe is unlike anything you've had before — both in terms of appearance and taste. Not only is it vegetarian, it is also a dairy free muffin recipe. You can't go wrong.
It's also easy to add a range of blending and superfood ingredients to enhance the nutritional content of your muffins even further. From organic cacao powder to organic super seeds, all of these ingredients are highly versatile.
These muffins are made of two layers, adding a unique spin to your average blueberry muffin recipe. The result is a contrasting appearance that's fun for kids. More importantly, any muffin lover will find this recipe irresistible — regardless of their age.
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER LAYER -
1 c white whole wheat flour
1/2 c BBF PBfit®
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/4 c maple syrup
1 c almond milk
FOR THE BLUEBERRY LAYER -
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c pureed blueberries
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp BBF Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
3/4 c almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. To make the peanut butter layer, combine all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, PBfit®, baking soda, baking powder). Then add the wet ingredients (egg, maple syrup, almond milk, peanut butter). Mix until you have a smooth batter.
3. In a second bowl, combine the blueberry layer's dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and optional chia seeds). Mix in the wet ingredients (pureed blueberries, maple syrup, egg, almond milk, and coconut oil).
4. Spray a muffin tin before filling each cup approximately 1/3 full with the peanut butter batter, followed by 1/3 full with the blueberry batter. This is what will create the resulting funky color contrast.
5. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes and enjoy!
Best served with a smear of PBfit Protein Peanut Butter or PBfit Protein Almond Butter.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.