1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup PBfit Powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
10 Tbsp Coconut oil (solid at room temp)
4-8 Tbsp ice water
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
For the Crust:
1. Add flour, sugar, salt and PBfit powder to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
2. Add the butter cubes or coconut oil over flour mixture. Process about 15 seconds.
3. Scrape down sides, and pulse 4 to 5 more times until fat is evenly distributed.
4. Transfer mixture to bowl. Sprinkle ice water over mixture. Starting with 4 Tbsp and add from there. Using a rubber spatula fold dough onto itself. If you pinch the some of the dough and it holds together, it is ready. If it falls apart add a few more tablespoons of water.
5. Remove dough from bowl onto a clean surface. Work dough into a rough ball shape and form into disc. Wrap disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. When ready to use. Remove the dough disc from the fridge, let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
7. Lightly flour work surface, top of dough and rolling pin. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to a 12 inch circle. If dough sticks, add a little more flour.
8. Transfer rolled out dough to a 9-inch pie dish. Gently press dough into the pie dish so that it lines the bottom and sides. Trim excess dough with knife and crimp edges.
9. Refrigerate dough in pie dish for 20 minutes.
For the Filling:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with coconut oil. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2-3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.