8 oz strong coffee
1/4 cup Barista Oatsome oat milk
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Cardamom Syrup see recipe below
For The Brown Sugar Cardamom Syrup:
1 oz whole cardamom pods
1 cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup water
1. Place oat milk into a microwave safe jar and heat for about 30 seconds, until warm. Tightly screw lid onto jar and shake for a few seconds, until milk is foamy. Use caution when unscrewing the lid as pressure may build up.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of brown sugar cardamom syrup in a mug. Pour hot, strong coffee over syrup. Top with foamy oat milk.
For the Brown Sugar Cardamom Syrup:
1. In a small pan over low heat, toast the cardamom pods until fragrant, stirring often. Watch closely to avoid burning them.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, lightly crush the cardamom pods. Pour the pods and any exposed seeds into a medium saucepan.
3. Add the water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Strain solids through a fine mesh sieve. Store syrup in the refrigerator in a sealed container.