Deliciously drinkable organic oat milk
1 fryer chicken, cut into pieces
2 Cups low fat buttermilk
3 Tbsp smoked paprika
3 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Cup flour
BBF Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil, for frying
1. Place chicken in a large bowl and cover with buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
2. Over low heat, melt enough coconut oil in a large high-sided skillet. Oil should come 1/3 inch up the sides of the pan. When the oil liquefies, raise heat and heat the oil to 325°F, being careful not to let oil go over 325°F.
3. Drain chicken in a colander. Combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and flour. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and shake off excess.
4. Place chicken skin-side down into the pan. Put thighs in the center, and breast and legs around the edge of the pan. The oil should come halfway up the pan. Cook chicken until golden brown on each side, approximately 10 to 12 minutes per side and the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. (Be careful to monitor oil temperature every few minutes.)
5. Drain chicken on a wire rack over a sheet pan.