1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Organic Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1/4 rounded tsp kosher salt
5 ounces Virgin Coconut Oil or unsalted butter - cold
4-5 Tbsp cold water
extra flour for rolling
1. Add flour, cacao powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Then transfer to a food processor fitted with the dough blade.
2. Cube the coconut oil or cold butter and add to the flour mixture. Pulse several times until coconut oil or butter is about pea and bean size, variation in size is okay, but no smaller than a pea.
3. Turn the food processor to “on” position and drizzle cold water over the dough mixture through the water hole, as soon as the dough starts to pull together turn the food processor off. You may need to stop the food processor in between and get a spatula to get the flour at the bottom to mix up.
4. Turn the dough out on the counter or cutting board and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic and rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
5. Use this chocolate pie dough as you would a regular pie dough. Roll it out into a circle about 2” larger than your pie dish for a traditional pie. Or roll it out between 1/8” to 1/4” and cut into shapes for hand pies.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.