1/4 Cup raisins
1 Cup boiling water
2 Tbsp BBF Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 Cup red onion
1/2 Cup bell pepper, chopped
1/4 Cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 Cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp green olives, chopped
1/4 Cup grated cheddar cheese
-- Wrapper --
4 Cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 Cup BBF Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup nonfat milk
4 Cups warm water
1 egg white
1. Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion and bell pepper. Saute 5 minutes.
3. Stir in corn, garlic, oregano, thyme and chicken broth. Simmer 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add olives and reserved raisins. Remove from heat and cool. Stir in cheese.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F and coat baking sheet with coconut oil.
6. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in coconut oil until mixture resembles coarse sand.
7. Warm milk and stir into flour mixture.
8. Add warm water 1/4 cup at a time until it forms a soft dough (should be soft but not sticky).
9. Transfer dough to well-floured work surface and roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into circles with 4 inch cutter.
10. Brush edges of dough circles with water.
11. Place 1 tbsp. filling in center of each dough circle.
12. Fold into half-moons and pinch edges to seal closed.
13. Place on prepared baking sheet, brush with egg white and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 24 empanadas
Serving size 2 empanadas
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.