1/2 lb butter
1/2 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups Oat flour blend
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate Royal Icing:
1 lb powdered sugar
1/3 cup Cacao Powder
7 Tbsp warm water
3 Tbsp powder egg whites (meringue powder)
1. Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy, then add egg and vanilla. Continue creaming till light and fluffy and egg is fully combined.
2. Sift your dry ingredients and add to the mixture. Mix until all the dry ingredients have been absorbed. Dough will be slightly sticky.
3. Remove dough from the bowl and press onto a sheet of plastic wrap, cover with wrap and press dough into a disk. Let chill for at least an hour before use.
4. Remove dough from the fridge and let warm just slightly. Dust your counter with
cacao powder (this keeps your cookies from sticking and leaving flour residue) roll the cookie disk to a little less than ½ inch thick and cut into desired shapes.
5. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-11
6. Remember to let cookies cool on a sheet pan after removing from the oven to let them set.
Once cookies have cooled prepare icing and decorate cookies
For the Icing:
1. Mix powder sugar, cocoa powder and egg whites.
2. Add water slowly until the icing is the consistency of thick frosting for outlining and thin with more water to fill or flood the cookies with icing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.