1/2 lb butter
1/2 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups Oat flour blend
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate Royal Icing:
1 lb powdered sugar
1/3 cup Cacao Powder
7 Tbsp warm water
3 Tbsp powder egg whites (meringue powder)
1. Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy, then add egg and vanilla. Continue creaming till light and fluffy and egg is fully combined.
2. Sift your dry ingredients and add to the mixture. Mix until all the dry ingredients have been absorbed. Dough will be slightly sticky.
3. Remove dough from the bowl and press onto a sheet of plastic wrap, cover with wrap and press dough into a disk. Let chill for at least an hour before use.
4. Remove dough from the fridge and let warm just slightly. Dust your counter with
cacao powder (this keeps your cookies from sticking and leaving flour residue) roll the cookie disk to a little less than ½ inch thick and cut into desired shapes.
5. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-11
6. Remember to let cookies cool on a sheet pan after removing from the oven to let them set.
Once cookies have cooled prepare icing and decorate cookies
For the Icing:
1. Mix powder sugar, cocoa powder and egg whites.
2. Add water slowly until the icing is the consistency of thick frosting for outlining and thin with more water to fill or flood the cookies with icing
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.