1/2 cup BBF quinoa
1 cup coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. Place rinsed and drained quinoa, coconut milk, brown sugar, and almond extract in a medium-sized pot.
2. Stir ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot, preferably with clear lid, so you can see through it. Stir a few times during cooking. If mixture seems to be boiling out, crack the lid to release steam; otherwise, keep covered.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. In the last few minutes of cooking, feel free to add a little more liquid (water or additional coconut milk) until desired consistency is reached. A texture similar to oatmeal is ideal.
5. Divide quinoa into bowls and top with fresh berries, coconut and almonds, and a splash of additional coconut milk. If desired, add a drizzle of honey or agave.