1/2 cup BBF quinoa
1 cup coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. Place rinsed and drained quinoa, coconut milk, brown sugar, and almond extract in a medium-sized pot.
2. Stir ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot, preferably with clear lid, so you can see through it. Stir a few times during cooking. If mixture seems to be boiling out, crack the lid to release steam; otherwise, keep covered.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. In the last few minutes of cooking, feel free to add a little more liquid (water or additional coconut milk) until desired consistency is reached. A texture similar to oatmeal is ideal.
5. Divide quinoa into bowls and top with fresh berries, coconut and almonds, and a splash of additional coconut milk. If desired, add a drizzle of honey or agave.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.