1/2 cup BBF quinoa
1 cup coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. Place rinsed and drained quinoa, coconut milk, brown sugar, and almond extract in a medium-sized pot.
2. Stir ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot, preferably with clear lid, so you can see through it. Stir a few times during cooking. If mixture seems to be boiling out, crack the lid to release steam; otherwise, keep covered.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. In the last few minutes of cooking, feel free to add a little more liquid (water or additional coconut milk) until desired consistency is reached. A texture similar to oatmeal is ideal.
5. Divide quinoa into bowls and top with fresh berries, coconut and almonds, and a splash of additional coconut milk. If desired, add a drizzle of honey or agave.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.