Note:Makes a top and bottom crust or 2 bottom crusts.
3 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for work surface)
2 Tbsp BBF Coconut Palm Sugar
3/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cups BBF Virgin Coconut Oil (solid at room temp)
8-11 Tbsp ice-cold water
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until well blended, 6 to 7 times.
2. Add in solid coconut oil and continue pulsing till coconut oil is incorporated into the dough and you have a crumbly mixture.
3. While pulsing continually, add ice water, 3-4 Tablespoon at a time, process until dough begins to clump together.
4. Transfer to your work surface. Pat dough together; divide in half. Shape into 2 flat disks. Wrap each in plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. When the dough is ready, prepare as the pie recipe directs.