Total time: 25M
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups Betterbody Foods Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, plus additional ¼ cup for rolling
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 pkg cream cheese (8oz), room temperature
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream the butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate medium bowl.
5. With the mixer on low, gradually mix in the flour mixture until just combined (taking care not to over-mix).
6. Place the remaining ¼ cup of Betterbody Foods Coconut Palm Sugar in a small bowl. Scoop cookies into balls with about 1 ½ Tbsp of dough at a time—roll balls in sugar and place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Gently flatten the dough balls a bit.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies turn golden on the bottom but are still soft. Let cool on pan for a few minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
8. To prepare frosting, in a mixing bowl, add softened butter, cream cheese, and cream together until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and cinnamon until incorporated. Frost-cooled cookies if desired.
9. Enjoy your Coconut Sugar Cookies!