Deliciously drinkable organic oat milk
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp BBF Superfood Blend
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
Zest of 1 large orange + 1 tsp for glaze
3/4 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup BBF Naturally Refined Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup orange juice + 3 Tbsp for glaze
1/2 cup Oatsome
2 Tbsp BBF Coconut Palm Sugar
$12.98Add to cart
1 cup powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, Superfood powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest together. Working quickly, using your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour mixture, the mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Gently fold in the cranberries.
2. Whisk the vanilla, orange juice, and oatsome together in a separate bowl. Gradually add it to the flour mixture. Stir just until the dough comes together. You may not need all of the flour mixture. Add a little bit at a time until the dough is moist, but not too wet.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and gently knead four or five times. Pat the dough into a 7-inch round circle. Cut the circle in half, then cut each half into 4 triangles.
4. Arrange the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment about 2 inches apart. Place the tray with the scones in the freezer for 30 mins.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the tops of the scones with some oatsome and sprinkle with the Coconut palm sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and drizzle with glaze.
6. To make the glaze, combine Powdered sugar, 1 tsp zest and 3 Tbsp orange juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.