4 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup BBF* Organic Agave
2 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp grated orange zest
1 1/2 Cup BBF* Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
5 large eggs
1 Cup heavy cream
1 Cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix 4 cups of flour, 1/4 cup BBF* Organic Agave, the baking powder, salt and orange zest. Add the cold BBF* Virgin Organic Coconut Oil and mix at the lowest speed until the butter is the size of peas.
3. Combine 4 eggs and heavy cream. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour into the flour and coconut oil mixture. Mix until just blended. The dough will look lumpy.
4. Combine the dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of flour, add to the dough, and mix on low speed until blended. Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead it into a ball. Flour your hands and a rolling pin and roll the dough 3/4-inch thick. You should see small bits of butter in the dough. Keep moving the dough on the floured board so it doesn't stick. Flour a 3-inch round plain or fluted cutter and cut circles of dough.
5. Place the scones on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Collect the scraps neatly, roll them out, and cut more circles.
6. Brush the tops of the scones with egg wash (1 egg + 2 Tbsp milk), sprinkle with sugar, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are fully baked.
7. The scones will be firm to the touch. Allow the scones to cool for 15 minutes on a rack.
BBF* = BetterBody Foods
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.