There's nothing quite like a moist piece of banana bread — especially one that tastes great and is great for you. Banana bread is a classic, which is why many already have a "go-to" recipe. You may love a recipe passed down from a grandparent, neighbor, parent, or great aunt — either way, it's always nice to switch things up.
Whether you eat this vegan banana bread for breakfast or as a snack, it will satisfy every craving while feeding your body.
If you're looking for a healthy, dairy-free alternative, this vegan banana bread recipe covers all the bases. Offering the perfect balance of flavors, as well as nutrient-dense ingredients, this vegan oat milk banana bread is sure to become one of your favorite vegan recipes.
Featuring organic oat milk, mashed bananas, and coconut oil, this bread is healthy, yet full of flavor. By using oat milk as a milk substitute, it's not only easy to incorporate a delicious dairy alternative but in doing so, you'll also benefit in the following ways:
- If you're someone who suffers from allergies or intolerances, oat milk is a wonderful alternative. It is free of lactose, soy, gluten, or nuts, it's the perfect vegan-friendly addition to so many recipes.
- Oat milk contains beta-glucans, a soluble fiber that has been shown to support heart health.
- Oak milk is also a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals, ranging from vitamin B12 to riboflavin, and calcium to vitamin D.
When using BetterBody Foods' organic gluten-free oat milk, you don't need to worry about any thickeners, stabilizers, or gums. Being non-GMO and highly sustainable, it's the perfect ingredient to have in your kitchen arsenal. Best of all, it steams, bakes, and froths just like cow’s milk.
This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian— making it the perfect recipe when aiming to follow a specific diet. Enjoy a slice or two… or three.
3-4 very ripe bananas - mashed — or 1 1/2 cup bananas
1/3 cup Naturally Refined Coconut Oil - melted
1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
2 "chia eggs" (made by combining 6 tbsp of water and 2 tbsp ground organic chia seeds)
1/2 cup of Oatsome
2 Tbsp maple syrup or organic agave
1 1/2 cups organic coconut flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, before lining a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add coconut oil, sugar, agave, chia eggs, oat milk. Whisk until well-mixed.
3. Add the coconut flour, oats, baking soda, and baking powder. Once well-combined, fold in (optional) vegan chocolate chips or pecans.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven, allow to cool in the pan for one hour. Enjoy.