6 thick cut applewood bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups raw cauliflower, chopped
2 cups clam broth (also called clam juice)
1 cup Oatsome, Oat Milk
1 1/2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 small potatoes), peeled and diced into 1/4′′ pieces
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced (including leaves!
1 Tbsp avocado oil
4 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
4 6.5 - oz cans chopped sea clams
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
1 tsp sea salt (reduce if sensitive to sodium)
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley, divided
1. In a large stock pot pour clam juice and oat milk in the pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add in cauliflower and cook till very tender. Once cauliflower is cooked turn heat off and with
an immersion blender puree the cauliflower together with the clam juice till creamy. If
your mixture gets too thick you may add a little more clam juice or oat milk to thin to a
3. In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, cook bacon over medium heat until well
browned (about 5-10 minutes). Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and pour
off all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
4. With heat over medium-low, add potatoes, onions, and celery to the bacon fat and sauté
for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add avocado oil, then add garlic. Stir and sauté for another 2 minutes.
6. Add all your cooked vegetables to the cauliflower clam broth, add clams and their juices, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, cayenne, and half of the parsley. Stir well and bring
to a simmer over medium-low heat.
7. After it comes to a simmer, stir it well, making sure to scrape the bottom,
and then turn off the heat and place the lid on the pot. Allow to rest for 30 minutes to
allow flavors to meld. However, if you are in a rush, feel free to serve it right away as it
is fully cooked at this point.
8. Season to taste and garnish. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then garnish with
bacon and parsley.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.