3/4 cup Oatsome Barista
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp mustard powder
2 Tbsp tahini
1/2 cup prepared spicy salsa (draining excess juices)
1/4 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1. In a small dish or bowl, combine the oat milk and vinegar and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Mix in cornstarch or arrowroot, stirring to dissolve. Set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, process the cashews until finely ground. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, spices, and tahini. Stir in ground cashews and oat milk mixture until well blended.
4. Stir in prepared salsa and salt. Cook until desired consistency, keeping in mind that mixture will thicken slightly as it cools. Salt to taste.
5. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold with tortilla or pita chips, or use as a sauce for tacos, quesadillas or burritos.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.