1/2 c oat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 c BBF Coconut Flour
$12.98Add to cart
1/2 scoop protein powder
3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp BBF Coconut Sugar
1/2 Tbsp BBF Coconut Oil
$20.89 – $27.75Select options
1 tsp molasses
1-2 tsp BBF Agave
$11.68Add to cart
6 dried mission figs
3/4 c water
1. Place the water and whole figs in a large sauce pan and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the water has mostly evaporated.
2. Remove figs and place them in blender on high until paste forms. This is a lot easier than blending dates so you should only have a few seconds of blending to do.
3. Set filling a side.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients then mix in the applesauce.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, 1 teaspoon agave and molasses together. This should only be a couple of seconds in the microwave. Add the mixture to your flours and applesauce.
7. Mix until a dough forms, if dough is too dry then add another teaspoon of agave.
8. Use your hands to roll dough into a ball then using a rolling pin, roll the dough out so that it's in a long rectangle shape. Mine was about 1/8" thick.
9. Spoon or pipe the fig filling down the center of the dough going long ways leaving an equal amount of dough on both sides.
10 Fold over one side of the dough to cover half of the fig filling and then fold over the other side to cover the remaining fig filling. This will be the bottom of the cookies.
11. Flip your dough over and cut it into 8 equal sized cookies.
12. Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown.