4 apples use multiple varieties
1 pear I used an asian pear
handful of pomegranate seeds optional
9 cups water
3 cinnamon sticks
2 Tbsp mulling spices
3-4 Tbsp Agave syrup or sweeten to taste
1. Core the apples, persimmons and pears and cut into quarters. Leave the skin on
Cut the orange into slices
2. Pop all of the fruit, along with the water, cinnamon sticks and mulling spices (tie these into some cheese cloth so that they are easily removed), into the crock pot. Set on low for 8 hours
Once cooked, remove the cinnamon sticks, the mulling spices and as much of the fruit as possible
3. Pour the remaining liquid into a blender (I do this in 2 batches), blend, and then pour through a fine mesh sieve into a clean container.
4. Pour the cider back into the slow cooker, and set to keep warm
5. Serve warm, garnish with some orange and apple slices and some pomegranate seeds to make it pretty (optional)
Remember to tie the mulling spices into a little square of cheese-cloth to make it easily removed. If you don't have any, that's fine - just be sure to use a super fine mesh sieve to get all the 'bits' out of the cider.
Can be made ahead of time and reheated in the crock pot on the keep warm setting or in a saucepan on the stove top or in the microwave.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.