1/2 Cup rolled oats, ground into flour
1/3 Cup BBF Organic Coconut Flour
1/3 Cup spelt flour
1/2 Cup coconut flakes
1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup BBF Organic Agave
1/4 Cup dried cherries
1/2 Cup apple sauce
1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup chopped pecans, divided in half
for greasing BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1. Heat oven to 350 °F. Line bottom and sides of 8 x 8-inch pan with aluminum foil and grease with extra coconut oil. Leave a 2-inch overhang of foil around at least two sides of the pan.
2. Wisk together the flours, coconut flakes, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place coconut oil, agave and cherries into a small saucepan over low heat and melt coconut oil, stirring constantly. Pour into large bowl. Add applesauce, vanilla, and dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in half of the chopped almonds. Batter will be very stiff.’
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with remaining almonds. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs, but not wet. 18-20 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Lift out foil and cool completely on rack. Remove foil and cut into squares.