1/2 Cup rolled oats, ground into flour
1/3 Cup BBF Organic Coconut Flour
1/3 Cup spelt flour
1/2 Cup coconut flakes
1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup BBF Organic Agave
1/4 Cup dried cherries
1/2 Cup apple sauce
1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup chopped pecans, divided in half
for greasing BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1. Heat oven to 350 °F. Line bottom and sides of 8 x 8-inch pan with aluminum foil and grease with extra coconut oil. Leave a 2-inch overhang of foil around at least two sides of the pan.
2. Wisk together the flours, coconut flakes, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place coconut oil, agave and cherries into a small saucepan over low heat and melt coconut oil, stirring constantly. Pour into large bowl. Add applesauce, vanilla, and dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in half of the chopped almonds. Batter will be very stiff.’
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with remaining almonds. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs, but not wet. 18-20 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Lift out foil and cool completely on rack. Remove foil and cut into squares.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.