1/2 Cup rolled oats, ground into flour
1/3 Cup BBF Organic Coconut Flour
1/3 Cup spelt flour
1/2 Cup coconut flakes
1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup BBF Organic Agave
1/4 Cup dried cherries
1/2 Cup apple sauce
1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup chopped pecans, divided in half
for greasing BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1. Heat oven to 350 °F. Line bottom and sides of 8 x 8-inch pan with aluminum foil and grease with extra coconut oil. Leave a 2-inch overhang of foil around at least two sides of the pan.
2. Wisk together the flours, coconut flakes, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place coconut oil, agave and cherries into a small saucepan over low heat and melt coconut oil, stirring constantly. Pour into large bowl. Add applesauce, vanilla, and dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in half of the chopped almonds. Batter will be very stiff.’
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with remaining almonds. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs, but not wet. 18-20 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Lift out foil and cool completely on rack. Remove foil and cut into squares.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.