—— Stuffing Ingredients ——
4 pieces of gluten-free bread
1/2 Cup chopped carrots
1 Cup chopped celery
1 Cup chopped onion
1/4 Cup olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 thyme sprigs
Pinch of black pepper
3 Cups cabbage salad
1/2 to 2/3 Cup chopped radicchio
23 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/4 Cup dried cranberries
23 Tbsp BBF Organic Chia Seeds
—— Sweet Onion Dressing Ingredients ——
1 tsp BBF Organic Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp white onion or shallots
1 Tbsp BBF Coconut Vinegar
2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey mustard
1 tsp BBF Organic Agave
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. First make sure your bread and vegetables are all diced up.
2. Preheat oven to 425F
3. Toss chopped vegetables (celery, onion, carrots) and your bread crumbs in 1/4 cup olive oil and minced garlic.
4. Spread out that mixture on a baking sheet. Add your thyme sprigs on top with a dash of sea
5. Bake/roast at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crispy and veggies are cooked.
6. Remove from oven and set aside. Remove thyme sprigs. Hopefully the leaves from the sprigs have fallen off now in the mix. Keep the leaves that have fallen off for the stuffing. Disregard the sprig (branch) portion of the thyme.
7. In another later bowl, toss your greens and cabbage. Place this in a casserole dish or large deep baking dish.
8. Place your roasted veggies and toasted bread on top of your salad. Toss again.
9. Place sliced hard boiled eggs and sliced shallot (or red onion) on top of this bread and salad mix.
10. Add your cranberry and pumpkin seeds scattered on top.
11. For the dressing, simply blend together all the ingredients listed (olive oil, onion apple cider vinegar, mustard, chia, pepper, agave, etc.) in a food processor or blender. It might take a few minutes of blending to get the onions finely mixed with the oils/herbs. See notes for more dressing options.
12. Place in a microwave safe glass cup after blended.
13. Warm for 15-20 seconds and then pour over the gluten free stuffing salad mix before serving.
14. Top with more sea salt and black pepper if desired.
15. Optional Crumbled cooked cured bacon to top.