3/4 Cup warm water
3/4 Tbsp active dry yeast
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 Cup BBF Organic Agave
1/4 Cup BBF Organic Naturally Refined Coconut Oil
3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
8 Cups water
2 Tbsp BBF Organic Coconut Sugar
1/4 Cup baking soda
1 egg white
Pinch coarse sea salt
1. In a large bowl stir together the warm water and agave. Sprinkle with yeast and let stand until the yeast is foamy (about 5 minutes). Stir in the coconut oil, salt, and eggs. Stir in the flour until it is entirely incorporated and it comes together in a shaggy ball.
2. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for several minutes, until smooth. Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place until it rises and collapses (90 minutes - 2 hours) Punch the dough down, and on a floured surface roll it out into 8 ropes, each about 3/4 of an inch wide. Cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces, separate them from each other placing them on a tray or baking sheet and cover with a towel. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot filled with 8 cups of water to a boil. Once it is boiling, stir in 2 tbs. coconut palm sugar and ¼ cup baking soda. It will bubble up and then it will subside. Turn the heat down to a simmer and add the dough pieces about ten at a time. Let simmer for about a minute and a half, giving them a couple little stirs during the process to make sure both sides cook.
4. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and put onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough bites have been cooked in the water and have been placed onto baking sheets, making sure the pieces don’t touch. Brush the bites with egg white and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until they are a deep chestnut brown. Remove onto cooling racks immediately to cool. Best if eaten the day they are baked. Serve with honey mustard or other dip.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.