24 oz semi-sweet couverture chocolate, high quality bar chocolate. You can use candy melts, if you're using a silicone mold but they don't taste as good.
6 oz white chocolate candy melts
1 cup mini marshmallows
6 Tbsp hot chocolate mix
2 1/2" Sphere Mold (silicone) or Triangle mold
For Silicone Molds:
1. Finely chop your chocolate using a sharp chef's knife
2. Place the chocolate into a bowl and heat for 30 seconds
3. Stir the chocolate, moving the chocolate that is on the outside, towards the center. Heat again for 15 seconds and stir again.
4. Repeat this process until the chocolate is ALMOST melted but not fully melted. Never heating for longer than 15 seconds and never going above 90F. If you go above 90º you will have to temper your chocolate by seeding or start over.
5. Make sure your molds are clean by polishing them with a paper towel
6. Paint a thin layer of chocolate into the molds and refrigerate for 5 minutes
7. Paint a second coat of chocolate over the first, paying special attention to building up the rim of the sphere. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
8. Take your chocolate out of the molds and fill with 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa mix and marshmallows
9. Pipe some melted chocolate around the rim and attach the second sphere on top. Pressing gently to seal.
10. Use a gloved hand to wipe away the excess chocolate or simply roll the chocolate sphere in some sprinkles to finish the look.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.