1 pie crust
1/3 c BBF Agave
1 c low-fat milk
6 large egg yolks
2/3 c fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp BBF Naturally Refined Coconut Oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c water
5 Tbsp cornstarch
MERINGUE INGREDIENTS -
4 large egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbsp BBF Agave
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a sauce pan, combine agave, milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut oil and salt.
3. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to simmer while stirring with a whisk. In a separate bowl combine water and cornstarch and mix until all clumps are gone. Whisk cornstarch and water mixture into ingredients in sauce pan. Mixture will thicken within a minute or two.
4. Pour into precooked pie crust.
5. Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and pinch of salt in bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add agave while beating. Cover the pie evenly with the meringue. Form decorative peaks with a knife or fork. Bake pie for 14-16 minutes until meringue is set and golden brown.
Makes 8 servings
Tips and Notes:
Try spreading fresh blueberries or raspberries over top of lemon filling prior to adding meringue. This adds a beautiful flavor, texture & color!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.