2 Tbsp turmeric powder
2 Tbsp dried hibiscus flower
2 Tbsp BBF Super Greens Powder
3 Tbsp goji berry powder or Paprika
3 Tbsp dragon fruit powder
3 Tbsp BBF Coconut Vinegar per batch of dye
2 Cups water per each batch of dye
2-3 Tbsp BBF Naturally Refined Coconut Oil
1. Prepare each batch of dye first.
2. Boil 15 cups of water. Gather 5 bowls that can hold 3 cups of water.
3. Put dried powders in each bowl.
4. Pour 2 cups of boiling water into each bowl with dried spices.
5. Pour 3 T of the vinegar into each of the bowls of dye and stir. They will not dissolve but will begin to color the water.
6. Boil eggs. Put eggs in pot with cold water and bring to a boil set timer for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove eggs from water and place in each bowl of dye liquid. Note hot eggs will soak up the dye better than cold boiled eggs. So make your dyes ahead of time and then boil your eggs.
8. Let eggs sit in dye to desired color. It takes longer for the natural dyes to color eggs so about 1-2 hours for the eggs in the dye. You can place them in the fridge overnight.
9. Remove eggs from dye and let dry.
10. Gently rub eggs with coconut oil and let dry.
11. You can also roll the eggs in more dried spices to get a more dramatic color and texture variation. Rub the coconut oil on the eggs and immediately roll in dried spices.
12. Let eggs dry to set the spices and color.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.