Note:Makes 1 shell
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup PBfit Powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
10 Tbsp very cold unsalted butter or Coconut oil (solid at room temp) , cut into small cubes
4-8 Tbsp ice water
1. Add flour, sugar, salt and PBfit powder to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
2. Add the butter cubes or coconut oil over flour mixture. Process about 15 seconds.
3. Scrape down sides, and pulse 4 to 5 more times until fat is evenly distributed.
4. Transfer mixture to bowl. Sprinkle ice water over mixture. Starting with 4 Tbsp and add from there. Using a rubber spatula fold dough onto itself. If you pinch the some of the dough and it holds together, it is ready. If it falls apart add a few more tablespoons of water.
5. Remove dough from bowl onto a clean surface. Work dough into a rough ball shape and form into disc. Wrap disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. When ready to use. Remove the dough disc from the fridge, let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
7. Lightly flour work surface, top of dough and rolling pin. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to a 12 inch circle. If dough sticks, add a little more flour.
8. Transfer rolled out dough to a 9-inch pie dish. Gently press dough into the pie dish so that it lines the bottom and sides. Trim excess dough with knife and crimp edges.
9. Refrigerate dough in pie dish for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
10. Remove dough from the fridge, pierce the bottom and sides of dough with a fork to prevent air pockets while baking.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
12. Let cool before filling
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.