1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup PBfit Powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
10 Tbsp Virgin Coconut oil (solid at room temp)
4-8 Tbsp ice water
1 cup pbfit peanut butter spread
8 oz package vegan cream cheese
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 - 8 oz packages whipped topping (non - dairy) , such as Cool Whip, thawed
For the Crust:
1. Add flour, sugar, salt and PBfit powder to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
2. Add the butter cubes or coconut oil over flour mixture. Process about 15 seconds.
3. Scrape down sides, and pulse 4 to 5 more times until fat is evenly distributed.
4. Transfer mixture to bowl. Sprinkle ice water over mixture. Starting with 4 Tbsp and add from there. Using a rubber spatula fold dough onto itself. If you pinch the some of the dough and it holds together, it is ready. If it falls apart add a few more tablespoons of water.
5. Remove dough from bowl onto a clean surface. Work dough into a rough ball shape and form into disc. Wrap disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. When ready to use. Remove the dough disc from the fridge, let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
7. Lightly flour work surface, top of dough and rolling pin. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to a 12 inch circle. If dough sticks, add a little more flour.
8. Transfer rolled out dough to a 9-inch pie dish. Gently press dough into the pie dish so that it lines the bottom and sides. Trim excess dough with knife and crimp edges.
9. Refrigerate dough in pie dish for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
10. Remove dough from the fridge, pierce the bottom and sides of dough with a fork to prevent air pockets while baking.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
12. Let cool before filling.
For the Filling:
1. Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
2. Fold in the thawed whipped topping and continue folding until smooth, do not over mix or your mixture will be not as fluffy and will not set in pie shell.
3. Pour the filling into the crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula.
4. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
5. Before serving spread with the remaining whipped topping and if desired garnish with crushed candy or toasted peanuts or caramel sauce.