1 Cup brown rice flour
1/4 Cup BBF Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup almond meal
1/2 Cup tapioca starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp BBF Organic Chia Seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 Cup BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
6-8 Tbsp soy or almond milk
1 1/2 Cups sliced fresh peaches (about 12oz)
1/3 Cup BBF Coconut Palm Sugar
3 Tbsp brown rice flour
3 Tbsp BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup chopped pecans
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Prehaeat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a deep 9-inch cake pan with a piece of parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine the dry ingredients: brown rice flour, coconut palm sugar, coconut flour, almond meal, tapioca starch, baking powder, chia, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the beaten eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract. almond extract, and 2 tablespoons soy milk. Beat to combine.
3. The batter at this point will be stiff and sticky. Add more soy milk a tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition, until the cake batter becomes loose and smooth. Humidity affects flour, so you may need more or less liquid.
4. Scoop two thirds of the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth it out to the edges. Use wet hands if needed. Press half the peach slices into the batter. Top with the remaining cake batter and smooth evenly- this layer will be thin. Press the remaining peach slices into the top of the cake.
5. Make the streusel topping by combining the coconut palm sugar, brown rice flour, coconut oil, chopped pecans, and cinnamon. Mix until sandy. Spread the streusel topping on the cake.
6. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until the cake is set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If the topping begins to brown too much (around the 25 to 30 minute mark) place a piece of foil loosely over the top of the cake to prevent it from browning too much.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.