1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, softened
1/2 cup BBF Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup LIVfit Superfood Organic Cacao Powder
1/2 stick butter
1-3 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a countertop mixer beat together coconut oil and coconut palm sugar. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat until creamy. Slowly add flour mixture until combined thoroughly.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Place cupcakes on a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
1. Combine confectioners sugar, cacao and salt in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl beat butter until creamy. Slowly add the confectioners sugar and cacao. Add milk as needed. Beat until creamy.
3. Top the cupcakes with the frosting.