Total time: 120M
For the Cookies:
2 cups PBfit Peanut Flour Baking Blend
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 tsp maple extract
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk PBfit Peanut Flour Baking Blend, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated, and brown sugars together until smooth. Add the pumpkin and beat to combine. Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add PBfit Peanut Flour Baking Blend mixture and mix until evenly incorporated. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic or parchment paper, and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
4. On a lightly PBfit floured surface or in between two sheets of peppermint paper, roll the dough to a ¼-inch thick. Using a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut into shapes and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them 1½ inches apart.
5. Bake until just beginning to brown at the edges, 11 to 13 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
6. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment or with a large bowl and handheld mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl halfway through.
7. Frost cooled cookies if desired.
8. Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies!