1 ½ cups cooked BBF Quinoa
1 (15oz) can black beans
3 Tablespoons BBF avocado oil
½ yellow onion diced
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cumin
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup BBF oat flour
1 egg (or 1 flax seed egg)
1.Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic, salt and cumin and sauté
until onions are softened. Add the onions to a bowl once cooked.
2. Add the can of beans to the same bowl. Using a fork mash
the beans into a paste-like consistency.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Mix well to combine.
4. Form the mixture into 6 equal patties. And place them on a lined baking sheet.
5. If you are wishing to Grill the patties, you will want to refrigerate the patties for a couple of hours for them to firm up. If you are baking the patties, you can skip this step.
6. Preheat oven to 400 F or heat the grill. Bake the patties for 10 - 12 mins. Flip the patties and bake for another 10 mins. If grilling the patties grill for 7-8 minutes on each side.
7. Once Patties are done baking, you can eat as is, or put it between a bun.
Flavor combination suggestions
Traditional burger–BBF Vegan mayo spread, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and sliced dill pickles.
Southwest Burger– BBF Vegan Chipotle spread, corn salsa, sliced fresh avocado
Bistro Burger–BBF Vegan mayo spread, sliced beets, fresh goat cheese, and arugula