I cup Coconut Flour
4 Tbsps psyllium husk powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 cups boiling water
BBF Avocado oil for frying (as needed)
1 large sweet potato peeled sliced into ¼ inch matchsticks and roasted
1 1/2 cups fresh shredded cabbage
1/2 cup fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Mix the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and mix as best as you can. It will look like small dough pebbles.
3. Pour the boiling water 1/2 cup at a time over the dough and mix with a silicone spatula.
4. The psyllium and coconut flour will absorb the water as you mix.
5. Once completely mixed, let the dough sit for a couple of minutes as it's pretty hot to handle.
6. Separate the dough into 10 balls with your hands. Each ball 2 oz.
TORTILLA PRESS METHOD:
Line the tortilla press with saran wrap. Place a piece of dough in the middle of the tortilla press and press to flatten. Set aside but make sure to add a piece of parchment paper or saran wrap between each tortilla so that they don't stick to one another.
ROLLING PIN METHOD:
Place one ball at a time over a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
Roll out as best as you can until you have a large tortilla circle. Repeat this step for the rest of the balls.
7. Heat some oil in a frying pan or skillet, and place the tortillas inside, one at a time. Cook on each side for 30-60 seconds on medium heat, until the crust becomes golden brown. The tortillas will fluff quite high, but will flatten again once cooled.
8. Once cooked, transfer to a plate to let them cool.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.