I cup Coconut Flour
4 Tbsps psyllium husk powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 cups boiling water
BBF Avocado oil for frying (as needed)
1 large sweet potato peeled sliced into ¼ inch matchsticks and roasted
1 1/2 cups fresh shredded cabbage
1/2 cup fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Mix the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and mix as best as you can. It will look like small dough pebbles.
3. Pour the boiling water 1/2 cup at a time over the dough and mix with a silicone spatula.
4. The psyllium and coconut flour will absorb the water as you mix.
5. Once completely mixed, let the dough sit for a couple of minutes as it's pretty hot to handle.
6. Separate the dough into 10 balls with your hands. Each ball 2 oz.
TORTILLA PRESS METHOD:
Line the tortilla press with saran wrap. Place a piece of dough in the middle of the tortilla press and press to flatten. Set aside but make sure to add a piece of parchment paper or saran wrap between each tortilla so that they don't stick to one another.
ROLLING PIN METHOD:
Place one ball at a time over a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
Roll out as best as you can until you have a large tortilla circle. Repeat this step for the rest of the balls.
7. Heat some oil in a frying pan or skillet, and place the tortillas inside, one at a time. Cook on each side for 30-60 seconds on medium heat, until the crust becomes golden brown. The tortillas will fluff quite high, but will flatten again once cooled.
8. Once cooked, transfer to a plate to let them cool.