2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
4 large, skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp curry paste
2 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp garam masala
1 (5.5oz) can of tomato paste
1 Cup plain yogurt
salt to taste
1. Tie cardamom pods in a herb bag or cheesecloth.
2. Melt the butter and coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken, onion and garlic.
4. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala, garam masala and tomato paste until no lumps of tomato paste remain.
6. Pour into a slow cooker, and stir in the cardamom pods, coconut milk, and yogurt. Season to taste with salt.
7. Cook on High 4-6 hours, or on Low 6-8 hours until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency.
8. Remove chicken from the bone and shred the meat.
9. Remove and discard the cardamom pods before serving.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.