2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
4 large, skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp curry paste
2 tsp tandoori masala
1 tsp garam masala
1 (5.5oz) can of tomato paste
1 Cup plain yogurt
salt to taste
1. Tie cardamom pods in a herb bag or cheesecloth.
2. Melt the butter and coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken, onion and garlic.
4. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala, garam masala and tomato paste until no lumps of tomato paste remain.
6. Pour into a slow cooker, and stir in the cardamom pods, coconut milk, and yogurt. Season to taste with salt.
7. Cook on High 4-6 hours, or on Low 6-8 hours until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency.
8. Remove chicken from the bone and shred the meat.
9. Remove and discard the cardamom pods before serving.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.