4 chicken breast raw, cubed
4 mild, dried chilis
5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp dried or fresh cilantro
1 large onion, chopped
1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
1-2 cups chicken stock or bone broth
2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Avocado oil, for sautéing
1. In a large skillet, preheat avocado oil to medium heat.
2. Chop onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat until tender.
3. Transfer onion/garlic mixture to a large
5. Add the rest of the spices and chocolate to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
6. Lay chicken pieces over the onions. Pour tomatoes and chicken stock over the top. Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
7. If the sauce is too thick, add more chicken stock. If it's too thin for your taste, you can
also stir in a tsp or two of tapioca starch to thicken it.
8. Serve hot over rice or cauliflower. Top with additional cilantro and avocado if desired.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.