4 chicken breast raw, cubed
4 mild, dried chilis
5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp dried or fresh cilantro
1 large onion, chopped
1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
1-2 cups chicken stock or bone broth
2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Avocado oil, for sautéing
1. In a large skillet, preheat avocado oil to medium heat.
2. Chop onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat until tender.
3. Transfer onion/garlic mixture to a large
5. Add the rest of the spices and chocolate to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
6. Lay chicken pieces over the onions. Pour tomatoes and chicken stock over the top. Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
7. If the sauce is too thick, add more chicken stock. If it's too thin for your taste, you can
also stir in a tsp or two of tapioca starch to thicken it.
8. Serve hot over rice or cauliflower. Top with additional cilantro and avocado if desired.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.