8 slices bacon - cut into small pieces
1 lb spicy italian sausage
1 large yellow onion
3 cloves garlic - minced
1.5 lb red potatoes - sliced
6 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaves
1.5 cups Oatsome
2 Tbsp cornstarch
½ bunch of kale - couple of handfuls - destemmed and torn into pieces
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp red pepper flakes - optional
1. Heat a large heavy bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon pieces until crisp. Remove bacon from pot and set aside.
2. Cook the sausage, using the bacon grease left in the pot. Once sausage is browned, remove from the pot and place it with the bacon on the plate.
3. Add the onion to the pot and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic. Pour in the stock, stirring as you pour. Add in potatoes and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
4. Gently boil for 10-15 mins or until potatoes are fork tender. Add back in your cooked sausage and bacon.
5. Whisk the cornstarch into the oatsome. Add the oatsome and cornstarch mixture into your soup. Bring the soup back up to a boil to thicken.
6. Add in the kale and seasonings. Cook until kale is wilted.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
8. Serve and Enjoy!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.