1 whole wheat pie crust
6 c apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 c BBF Agave
$11.68Add to cart
3 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 lemon, juiced
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 dash salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1 Tbsp BBF Virgin Coconut Oil
$20.89 – $27.75Select options
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie pan and line bottom with crust.
3. In a separate bowl, mix apples, agave, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
4. Pour apple mixture into pie crust and divide coconut oil on top of mixture.
5. Cover the pie with the remaining pie crust, seal, and flute edges and cut slits to permit steam to escape.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool.
7. Serve with Agave Sweetened Whipped Cream.
Makes 8 servings
Tips and Notes:
For a delicious holiday Apple Cranberry Pecan Pie, add 1/2 cup fresh
cranberries and 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the apple mixture.