1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Cacao Powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp Plant Junkie Canola Spread
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Oatsome
2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
3-4 Tbsp Oatsome
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add canola spread and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Gradually add in the oat milk, scraping the bottom of the bowl as needed. The batter might curdle, but don’t worry, it will come together when you add the dry ingredients.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Using a 1-oz cookie or ice cream scoop, drop the batter onto the prepared baking pan 2′′ apart.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely before frosting.
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream vegan butter until smooth and creamy. Add in the peppermint extract, cacao powder and half a cup of powdered sugar, and one tbsp of oat milk. Mix well.
2. Add the remaining powdered sugar, half a cup at a time, alternating with 1 tbsp of oat milk at a time. Add in the last tbsp of oat milk if need ed for the desired consistency.
3. Transfer buttercream to a disposable pastry bag and snip the end.
4. When cookies have cooled completely, pipe the buttercream onto the flat side of half the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies, pressing down slightly so that the filling spreads to the edge of the cookies.
5. Dust with cacao powder if desired
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.