2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 cup chopped yellow onion
12 ounces Impossible Ground Burger
2 tsp dried parsley leaves
1 tsp dried rosemary leaves
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp round black pepper
1 Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves - minced
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup veggie broth
1 1/2 cups frozen green beans
1 1/2-2 lbs russet potatoes - about 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/3 cup alternative milk of choice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup Plant Junkie Ranch Dressing
Make the Filling:
1. Add the oil to a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the impossible ground burger to the skillet and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Add the parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the meat is browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the flour and tomato paste. Stir until well incorporated and no clumps of tomato paste remain.
4. Add the broth, frozen green beans. Bring the liquid to a boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer for
5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set the filling mixture aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Make the potato topping:
5. Place the potatoes in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
6. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Return the potatoes to the hot pot. Let the potatoes rest in the hot pot for 1 minute to evaporate any remaining liquid.
7. Add alternative milk, salt, and pepper. Mash the potatoes and stir until all the ingredients are mixed together.
8. Add the ranch dressing to the potatoes. Stir until well combined.
9. Assemble the casserole. Pour the filling mixture into a 9x9 (or 7x11) inch baking dish. Spread it out into an even layer. Spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the meat. Carefully spread into an even layer.
10. If the baking dish looks very full, place it on a rimmed baking sheet so that the filling doesn’t bubble over into your oven. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.