1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for work surface)
1 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
4-5 Tbsp ice water
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 large clove garlic (minced)
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots // or sub fresh)
1/4 cup Oatsome
1/4 cup unbleached all - purpose flour (or sub other thickener of choice)
1 pinch each sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup plant junkie turmeric black peppercorn ranch dressing
For the Crust:
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor.Pulse until well blended, 6 to 7 times.
2. Add in solid coconut oil and continue pulsing till coconut oil is incorporate into dough and you have a crumbly mixture.
3. While pulsing continually, add ice water, 3-4 Tablespoon at a time, process until dough begins to clump together.
4. Transfer to your work surface. Pat dough together; divide in half. Shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Roll out pie crust and cut into 6 large squares that will cover the top of each ramekin. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment (for a golden colored pie crust lightly egg wash) and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool.
For the Filling:
1. Add 2 Tbsp avocado oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt – stir. Cook until soft–about 7 minutes.
2. Add the flour and stir with a whisk, then slowly whisk in the broth.
3. Add oat milk and stir. Simmer until the mixture is thickened (about 10 minutes). If it still appears too thin, scoop out 1/2 cup of the broth and add 1-2 Tbsp more flour and whisk. Add back into the pot to thicken. Wait a few minutes. Then repeat if necessary.
4. Once the sauce is thickened, add the frozen vegetables and cook for 4-5 more minutes.
Add in turmeric black peppercorn dressing. Stir to combine.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between 5-6 ramekins.
6. Top with baked pie shell squares. Drizzle with more turmeric peppercorn ranch dressing if desired.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.