Deliciously drinkable organic oat milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 medium bananas
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 Tbsp BBF Monk Fruit Sweetener
$15.08Add to cart
1 tsp vanilla
1 square dark chocolate
2 cups flour
1/2 cup Chocolate PBfit
$10.68 – $17.98Select options
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp BBF Organic Coconut Sugar
$12.98Add to cart
1 cup very cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
4-8 Tbsp ice water
PIE CRUST INSTRUCTIONS
1. Add 1 ½ cups flour, sugar, salt and PBfit powder to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
2. Add the butter cubes over flour mixture. Process until a dough begins to form, about 15 seconds.
3. Scrape down sides, add remaining flour and pulse 4 to 5 more times until flour is evenly distributed.
4. Transfer mixture to bowl. Sprinkle ice water over mixture. Starting with 4 Tbsp and add from there. Using a rubber spatula fold dough onto itself. If you pinch the some of the dough and it holds together, it is ready. If it falls apart add a few more tablespoons of water.
5. Remove dough from bowl onto a clean surface. Work dough into a rough ball shape. Cut the ball in half and form 2 discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. When ready to use. Remove the dough disc from the fridge, let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
7. Lightly flour work surface, top of dough and rolling pin. Use rolling pin to roll out dough to a 12 inch circle. If dough sticks, add a little more flour.
8. Transfer rolled out dough to a 9-inch pie dish. Gently press dough into pie dish so that it lines the bottom and sides. Trim excess dough with knife and crimp edges.
9. Refrigerate dough in pie dish for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 425- degrees.
10. Remove dough from fridge, pierce the bottom and sides of dough with a fork to prevent air pockets while baking.
11. Place in preheated oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400-degrees. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
12. Let crust cool and fill with your favorite pie fillings.
PIE FILLING INSTRUCTIONS
1. To make the caramel filling, put butter and sugar in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, stirring often until sugar has mostly dissolved.
2. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Stir until thickened and all of the grains of sugar have dissolved. After it is thickened. Pour into bowl to cool completely.
3. To assemble, slice the bananas directly into your cooled prepared pie crust. Pour your caramel over the bananas.
4. Whip the cream and monk fruit sweetener and vanilla together until you have soft peaks. Layer on top of your pie.
5. Grate some of the dark chocolate over the cream.